The third ADEPT National Traffic Managers Conference will take place on Wednesday 13 October at the Welford Road Stadium, Leicester under the strapline: ‘Embrace challenge, plan response and unlearn the normal.’
The conference will focus on key issues affecting traffic management in England. The first session will include safety, the clean air strategy, a presentation on Bath’s Clean Air Zone and how traffic managers will facilitate the switch to electric vehicles and their ongoing evolution.
The second session will focus on the benefits of Traffic Regulation Orders data standardisation, planning the 2022 Commonwealth Games in a global pandemic and tomorrow’s traffic manager today. Both sessions will include Q&As.
The third session will be a panel debate on who gets priority to road space in a post pandemic, decarbonising and micro-mobility world.
The fourth session will include an update from DfT, the opportunities and challenges arising from e-scooters, and the work to update Manual for Streets, again finishing with Q&As.
Speakers and contributors include:
- Anne Shaw - Violence Against Women and Girls Transport Champion and managing director, TfWM
- Edward Nelson - head of local delivery, Office for Zero Emission Vehicles;
- Mike Potter - Customer Success Manager, Appyway
- James Eaton - assistant vice president of Solutions Engineering, Wejo
- Graham Jones - technical director Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, TfWM
- Steve Gooding - director, RAC Foundation and Highways columnist
- Matt Wingfield - executive director (England), Sustrans
- James Harris - CEO, One.Network
- Professor Jillian Anable, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- Anthony Ferguson - deputy director, traffic and technology, DfT
- Adrian Hames - service line director, Transport Planning, WSP
For more details and to book, click here.